Friday, December 8, 2006

AT teams vs Tech Teams

In November I tried to implement Assistive Technology Teams in our local schools by offering incentives including stipends and free training. I was discouraged by the lack of participation regarding the AT Teams. I have decided to change gears and try to create Technology Teams in the locals that consist of someone from special ed and someone from general ed. Today Patti D. from our AESA called to ask if I would be willing to present some technology sessions for the county. She is part of our Learning Resource Unit and is in charge of setting up Professional Development for teachers. They are focusing on P.D. for High School teachers I'm assuming due to the new High School redesign, and it is a perfect fit for me. The 2 sessions I'm scheduling with her are: UDL and Web 2.0. I'll have links to handout from these sessions as soon as I have them ready...

No comments: